[ Mihailo @ 19.02.2003. 18:16 ] @
Overture Services plans to acquire search technology company AltaVista for $140 million in cash and stock, the latest sign of consolidation in the resurgent search business.

Pasadena, Calif.-based Overture, which auctions placement in search results to advertisers, said Tuesday that it plans to bolster its commercial service with AltaVista's technology. Palo Alto, Calif.-based AltaVista, which is majority owned by CMGI, develops technology that crawls the Web and returns relevant search results in response to users' queries.

Overture plans to license the technology to its customers, which include Yahoo, MSN and AOL Europe. Overture also will use AltaVista.com to test new search services and marketing products for its advertisers.

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-984968.html
[ srlexic @ 21.02.2003. 09:33 ] @
Interesantna je i stvar, medjutim tu nije objavljeno...

CMGI je Altavistu 1999. godine u vreme booma Neta kupila za 2.2 milijarde USD!!!, a danas su je se "otarasili" za manje od 150 miliona.

Inace, dajem jos 2-3 godine zivota Altavisti
[ Dragan Varagic @ 25.02.2003. 19:29 ] @
Altavista je dobar brend i ako se njihovi programeri probude, mogu još da budu u društvu velikih. No, videćemo. Bitno je da ne prave pogrešne poteze, a u poslednje vreme nisu loše krenuli s poboljšanjima servisa.
[ srlexic @ 26.02.2003. 16:28 ] @
Evo,
Overture nastavlja s shoppingom pretrazivackih servisa. Od danas je i fast Search pod njihovim okriljem...