[ Stefan Markic @ 08.07.2009. 15:56 ] @
Citat:
We're often asked why so many Google applications seem to be perpetually in beta. For example, Gmail has worn the beta tag more than five years. We realize this situation puzzles some people, particularly those who subscribe to the traditional definition of "beta" software as not being yet ready for prime time.

Ever since we launched the Google Apps suite for businesses two years ago, it's had a service level agreement, 24/7 support, and has met or exceeded all the other standards of non-beta software. More than 1.75 million companies around the world run their business on Google Apps, including Google. We've come to appreciate that the beta tag just doesn't fit for large enterprises that aren't keen to run their business on software that sounds like it's still in the trial phase. So we've focused our efforts on reaching our high bar for taking products out of beta, and all the applications in the Apps suite have now met that mark.

Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs and Google Talk — both enterprise and consumer versions — are now out of beta. "Beta" will be removed from the product logos today, but we'll continue to innovate and improve upon the applications whether or not there's a small "beta" beneath the logo. Indeed, today we're also announcing some other Google Apps features that we think will appeal to large enterprises: mail delegation, mail retention and ongoing enhancements to Apps reliability.

We have much more in store, and IT managers can read more about how to make the switch to Apps in our Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes resource centers. One more thing — for those who still like the look of "beta", we've made it easy to re-enable the beta label for Gmail from the Labs tab under Settings.

Google Apps is out of beta (yes, really)
[ tahiya @ 22.07.2009. 14:02 ] @
Mah. To je vise bilo kao "orginalni" dio imena.. ono.. Kao windows live.. gmail beta je bilo zvucno ime.. Sad je malo cudno kada se izgovori samo gmail.. LOL.. cestitam google-u na ovim "velikim" potezima.. :P
[ Mister Big Time @ 28.09.2009. 00:06 ] @
Da ne otvaram novu temu.

Koristim Google Apps na vise domena, i nigde nema problema sa spam-om (logicno jer se koristi gmail) osim na jednom domenu. Ne znam kako taj spam prolazi i zasto gmail automatski ne filtrira te gluposti. Uglavnom postalo je smorno svaki dan dobijam 3-5 spam mailova, sto je za Gmail standarde katastrofa.

Kako objasniti da dolaze samo na taj domen, nigde drugo ne prolaze?

Predpostavljam da problem moze biti do toga sto ispada da sam sebi saljem spam, jer uvek pise from "me".

from Leticia Jixjk <[email protected]>
reply-to Leticia Dehucq <[email protected]>
to [email protected]

Samo su imena izmenjena a sve tri adrese su moje.

Cak ispada i da se salje sa istog domena: mailed-by moj-domen.com

xD

Verovatno je to razlog zasto gmail ne moze da filtrira spam, iako svaki put odem i kazem Report spam. Ali ne vredi.

Ima li neko sa slicnim iskustvima i kako ovo spreciti?