[ Davor Vlajkovic @ 25.01.2006. 19:57 ] @
Trgovinski centar, Agencija Ministarstva trgovine SAD koja pomaže kompanijama, posebno malim i srednjim preduzećima, da se probiju na međunarodnom tržištu, proglasila je Srbiju i Crnu Goru tržištem meseca. Glavni razlozi za tu odluku su veličina tržišta, pristup tržištu slobodne trgovine Jugoistočne Evrope, ugovor o slobodnoj trgovini s Rusijom i bescarinski uvoz za najveći broj proizvoda i usluga Evropske unije i SAD.

Procenjeno je da najbolje izvozne mogućnosti za SAD na tržište SCG leže u oblasti kompjutera, telekomunikacija, opreme za aerodrome, osiguranja, medicinske opreme, energije i poljoprivrede.

Mreža Agencije uključuje 107 centara u SAD za pomoć u izvozu širom SAD i 150 kancelarija u inostranstvu.

(B92)

CS Market of the Month

Introduction: Why Serbia and Montenegro?

Expanding Market

With a population of 8.5 million people, Serbia and Montenegro’s internal market is among the largest in South East Europe. In addition to the domestic market, export-oriented companies in Serbia and Montenegro gain access to the South East Europe Free Trade Area market of 55 million people. Furthermore, Serbia is the only country outside of the Commonwealth of Independent States that enjoys a Free Trade Agreement with Russia. This fact, coupled with duty-free exports to the European Union and the United States for most products and services, is one of the key drivers for international investors to relocate their operations to Serbia.
Since 2001, per capita GDP has doubled to almost US $3,000, ahead of most other countries in the region, including Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, and Bosnia and Herzegovina. In 2004, the economy reached its record growth rate of 9.3 percent and is expected to maintain high growth rates of around 5 percent in the coming years.

The upswing in production has fueled a steady increase in purchasing power, which is apparently seen through the double-digit rise in household consumption and retail trade. Serbia and Montenegro is still one of the few unsaturated markets in Europe. During the nineties, fine quality products coming from the United States and European Union were practically unavailable to local consumers. Today, Serbia and Montenegro is an importing market and consumer preferences are highly turned towards the products originating from the United States and other developed countries.

Increasing Stability

This year, Serbia and Montenegro’s economic and legislative reforms and the improvement of the business climate have been widely acknowledged. The European Union positively assessed the country’s overall progress and commenced negotiations on reaching the Stabilization and Association Agreement. According to the World Bank, Serbia was the global top reformer in 2004, leading in reforms aimed at spurring business activities and creating new employment. Standard & Poor's raised Serbia's long-term sovereign credit rating to BB- from B+, saying the country's prospects had improved both financially and politically.

Decreasing Taxes

Serbia and Montenegro’s tax regime provides various incentives for investors seeking ways to reduce their overhead costs. Set at10 percent, the corporate profit tax rate is the lowest in Europe. In addition to profit tax savings, tax incentives–such as credits for investment in fixed assets of up to 80 percent of the invested amount and a ten-year tax holiday for investment over €7 million–help businesses significantly improve margins.
The Governments of Serbia and Montenegro are determined to further improve the environment for doing business and willing to give international companies any assistance in completing their investment projects in Serbia.

Best U.S. Export Prospects

1. Computer Hardware
2. Telecommunications
3. Airport and Ground Equipment
4. Insurance
5. Medical Equipment
6. Energy
7. Agriculture

Doing Business in Serbia and Montenegro

As one of the largest markets in the region, second only to Romania, Serbia and Montenegro has undertaken aggressive reform programs with the intent to reestablish the country as a regional center and crossroads. All major road, rail, water and even air routes traverse Serbia and Montenegro, connecting Europe with Southeast Europe, Turkey, Greece and the Middle East. Serbia and Montenegro is moving to capture foreign business interest. Total foreign direct investment (FDI) has jumped from virtually zero in 2000 to $4.5 billion in 2005. U.S. companies invested over $1.3 billion in the last five years, making the United States the largest investing nation in the country.

The political risk attached to doing business in Serbia and Montenegro is still high compared to other countries in Central Europe. But the risk is decreasing daily. Paris Club (2001) and London Club (2004) deals have restored relations with both official and commercial banking creditors. The international financial institutions (EBRD, IFC, IMF and World Bank) maintain active programs. There are political issues still to be resolved: future relations between the two republics; the future status of Kosovo; and continued cooperation with The Hague. There is a consensus on the country’s future direction: economic stimulation that will create stability, prosperity and, ultimately, integration with the European Union.

Market Entry Strategy

Considering the complexity of the market, some kind of local representative is a “must”. The use of agents and distributors is an important and commonly used method for foreign firms to enter the Serbian and Montenegran market. Many U.S. companies have found that it is more efficient and cheaper to hire a good local agent or distributor than to conduct direct sales.
International consulting firms present in Belgrade, such as Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu International, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, and KPMG can be helpful in establishing the credibility of a potential local partner. The Commercial Section of the U.S. Embassy can provide International Company Profiles that include background checks on potential clients and representatives. Local organizations may also be useful in verifying the credibility of a potential local partner. Visit the Chamber of Commerce of Serbia at http://www.pks.co.yu/ and the Chamber of Commerce of Montenegro at www.pkcg.org.
It is recommended that U.S. companies pay a visit to the market to introduce themselves to business practices and customs. Good networking and establishing relationships with government officials and business people is very often crucial to achieve goals. The U.S. Commercial Service can provide matchmaking services, business briefings, and facilitate all necessary meetings for a U.S. company interested in this market.

(Export.gov)
[ Milos niks @ 27.01.2006. 21:17 ] @
Izvini ja sam malo priglup za ove stvari , da li ovo prevedeno na srpski znaci da smo mi Ovca za sisanje meseca >>?

poz
[ Davor Vlajkovic @ 28.01.2006. 07:06 ] @
Ja ovo vidim samo kao dobar PR, nisam primetio da je SCG negde pomenuta u kontekstu na koji ti aludiraš. Jedino što mi smeta u ovom tekstu je:
Citat:
Good networking and establishing relationships with government officials and business people is very often crucial to achieve goals.

...ali to je naša realnost.

E sad, ako ti reči tržišna privreda, kapitalizam, globalizacija, Amerika... izazivaju gađenje u stomaku - tvoj problem :)
[ pctel @ 28.01.2006. 11:54 ] @
Pa, to je to, malo grubo receno:
Citat:
Davor Vlajkovic: Trgovinski centar, Agencija Ministarstva trgovine SAD koja pomaže kompanijama, posebno malim i srednjim preduzećima, da se probiju na međunarodnom tržištu, proglasila je Srbiju i Crnu Goru tržištem meseca.

Ovo moze da se kaze malo drugacije:
Ameri su konstatovali da je ovog meseca idealno mesto za uzimanje para SCG. To je ono sto su rekli a tumacenje na ovaj ili onaj nacin moze biti predmet duge diskusije.
[ Ivan Dimkovic @ 28.01.2006. 11:56 ] @
Pctel, i sam dobro znas da je u trgovini, ako su obe strane pametne, najbolji ishod "win-win" tj. da dobija i onaj ko kupuje i onaj ko prodaje.

E, sad, ako to ne vazi za Srbiju (sto ne znam) - i da samo jedan dobija.... onda se zapitaj ko je ona ne-bas-tako-pametna strana u prici, i zasto :)
[ Davor Vlajkovic @ 28.01.2006. 14:34 ] @
Pctel, čudi me ovakav stav, posebno zato što se već dugo baviš trgovinom (ili možda "uzimanjem para"?).

Činjenica je da je vest došla sa referentnog mesta i da će se USA firme zainteresovati za nas. Na nama je da to iskoristimo najbolje što možemo.
[ pctel @ 28.01.2006. 14:43 ] @
Citat:
Davor Vlajkovic: Pctel, čudi me ovakav stav, posebno zato što se već dugo baviš trgovinom (ili možda "uzimanjem para"?).

Pa svakako je cilj vecine nas, bez obzira cime se bavili, bas uzimanje para. Naravno u vecini slucajeva je to na obostrano zadovoljstvo - kako onog ko uzima tako i onog ko daje, gde sam ja rekao nesto protiv toga?
Sa druge strane, ovci takodje predstavlja olaksanje kad je osisaju, lakse se krece, lakse podnosi vrucinu i slicno pa ne znam uopste zasto se na to gleda tako negativno.

[Ovu poruku je menjao pctel dana 28.01.2006. u 15:45 GMT+1]
[ Davor Vlajkovic @ 28.01.2006. 14:59 ] @
Citat:
pctel: Naravno u vecini slucajeva je to na obostrano zadovoljstvo - kako onog ko uzima tako i onog ko daje, gde sam ja rekao nesto protiv toga

Način na koji si to rekao me je naveo na pogrešan zaključak, sorry...
[ Milos niks @ 29.01.2006. 14:45 ] @
dobro ljudi , da li ste nekada sisali ovcu :) dakle moja konstatacija je o.k. s tim da ne bi bilo dobro da nas osisaju zimi ... to stvara blage probleme .

[ Aleksandar Marković @ 02.02.2006. 14:44 ] @
http://www.tanjug.co.yu/trziste/default.aspx