[ srpsko gradjevinarstvo @ 15.03.2010. 14:22 ] @
Internet domen .com danas slavi 25 rođendan.

Naime, 15. marta 1985. godine, američka kompjuterska kompanija Symbolics dodala je svom nazivu domen .com i postala Symbolics.com.

Te godine nastalo je svega šest .com naziva, dok se danas svakodnevno registruje 100.000 .com stranica. Većina od prvih 100 registrovanih .com imena bile su kompjuterske kompanije. Tako se Epl registrovao u februaru 1987, a Majkrosoft tek 1991.

Danas postoji blizu 86 miliona aktivnih stranica, što svedoči da je ovaj domen postao sastavni deo svakodnevnog života i obeležje komercijalnog interneta.

[ Catch 22 @ 15.03.2010. 23:53 ] @
BBC News: Dotcom web address celebrates silver anniversary

A evo nekih zanimljivosti vezanih za "datum rođenja" samog Interneta, pošto se pre par dana moglo videti u našim medijima kako Internet slavi 21. rođendan(?!?)
Citat:

Some historians claim the Internet was born in 1961, when Dr. Leonard Kleinrock first published a paper on packet-switching technology at MIT.

Others cite 1969, when the Department of Defense commissioned the Advanced Research Projects Agency Network, known as ARPANET, to research a communication and command network that could withstand a nuclear attack.

The 1970s boast a slew of what could be pegged essential Internet milestones, including the advent of e-mail and the splintering off of ARPANET from military experiment to public resource.

But perhaps the most famous of the lot is the acclaimed Jan. 1, 1983, switch from Network Control Protocol to Transmission Control Protocol and Internet Protocol.

The transition from NCP to TCP/IP may not have been the sexiest moment in Internet history, but it was a key transition that paved the way for today's Internet.

Call it one small switch for man, but one giant switch for mankind.com.

Protocols are communication standards that allow computers to speak to one another over a network. Just as English speakers of different dialects and accents can often understand one another, protocols provide a lingua franca for all the different kinds of computers that hook into the Internet.

Izvor: Happy Birthday, Dear Internet
[ websurfer @ 12.05.2010. 15:00 ] @
Vidim da novi vlasnik domena symbolics.com nije nista posebno uradio i pored raznih najava da ce nesto iznenadjujuce spektakularno da stvori na tom domenu.
[ o2seo.com @ 21.05.2010. 11:53 ] @
Sta se moze iznenadjujuce i spektakularno stvoriti jos na internetu