[ combuster @ 13.05.2010. 21:55 ] @
E pa linux gejmeri, izgleda da cemo dobiti native opengl igre na linuxu preko steam-a

Citat:

Those enthusiasts within the Phoronix community even managed to get the unreleased Steam Linux client running up to a partially drawn UI and other modifications, but now that work can stop as Valve is preparing to officially release the Steam Linux client from where they will start to offer Linux native games available for sale. For all those doubting our reports that Source/Steam would be coming to Linux, you can find confirmation in the UK's Telegraph and other news sites. An announcement from Valve itself is imminent.

Found already within the Steam store are Linux-native games like Unreal Tournament 2004, World of Goo, and titles from id Software such as Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Doom 3. Now that the Source Engine is officially supported on Linux, some Source-based games will be coming over too. Will we finally see Unreal Tournament 3 surface on Linux too? Only time will tell, but it is something we speculated back in 2008. Postal III is also being released this year atop the Source Engine and it will be offering up a native client. We have confirmed that Valve's latest and popular titles like Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, and Team Fortress 2 are among the first of the Steam Linux titles, similar to the Mac OS X support. The released Linux client should be available by the end of summer.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.p...e_steam_announcement&num=1

Wine is dead, long live Steam :)
[ Igor__91 @ 11.11.2010. 23:12 ] @
Da, to je dobra vest jer igre tipa Counter-Strike su OpenGL(Valve) i mogu ih prebaciti na Linux - sta vise, pre tog objavljivanja igre koje su dolazile na windowsu preko STEAM download-a imale su u svojim fajlovima cudnih stvari koje ih dosta povezuju sa linuxom, znaci to je odavno pripremano, a i samo programiranje tih igara je kompitabilno sa linuxom. Pitanje je samo, kolko je to igara.. posto ove novije koje su na STEAM-u su DirectX, a ja, kako mi je poznato.. DirectX na Linux-u, jedino pomocu Emulatora??

Btw.. svaki profesionalniji Counter-Strike igrac, ce uociti razliku.. izmedju igranja te igrice na linux-u, i igranja na windowsu, ali opet je extra i stvar navike.. linux - jee .
[ combuster @ 11.11.2010. 23:33 ] @
Ma vest je bajata i lepo su krenuli sa razvojem steam-a za linux i stali su. Necemo ga skoro videti...
[ Igor__91 @ 11.11.2010. 23:52 ] @
E, onda mislim da se u mom gornjem postu i pronalazi zasto su stali.
STEAM serveri, svi su uglavnom linux.. tako da je to ono, neki balans.