[ @ 17.12.2001. 20:36 ] @
Hi! Its me again! Thanx for the helps, but I think I asked a wrong question. I gonna make a server with gambling and stuff where people gonna lose and !WIN! money. Means: they gonna give their credit card num and dependng on their luck they gonna have more or less money. So, i know that for bank transactions i need contract with one of the which support this option, but i dont know how it works. Is it possible that f.e. a PHP send the data to the bank? What is the structure of this? If anyone could help me... I would be out of trouble:)
THX -Joke666
[ alex @ 17.12.2001. 20:51 ] @
Well, first of all, you need a contract with an online bank (for actual transactions).. Well, you obviously know that.. They will probably provide
you with a connection to some page on their site where you will connect and commit transactions.

Anyway, the easiest way to accomplish this is to install PHP with cURL library, which u can use to connect to their web-page within your script, post the transactions, get the result and use the result in your pages.

Since this is a very wast topic, you should first contact some bank and ask them about options of connecting to their online system. After that, you can ask more specific questions.

Regards, alex.
[ B o j a n @ 17.12.2001. 21:15 ] @
.... or contact the company who already giving such service to people like you ...

It means that you'll just have to sign to official contract, pay fee for setup of the web server or needed software, and start earning money .... simply as that ?
L;)

tada !
[ ventura @ 17.12.2001. 21:45 ] @
This is actually a pretty complex problem, which can not be solved only by using PHP.

I assume that you already have gambling software developed in Java, or it is available in executable form. Then, the easyest way to set this business up is by creating multiple accounts, what does that mean:

When a user wants to gamble on your website, he enters his credit card/electronic check/bank acc #, and he enters the amount with which he intends to gamble. Let's just say that amount is $200. Then he gets a login/password, runs your gambling software, and then ste software shows he have $200 on the account. He can play with that money, and in case that he wins let's assume $300, he may request to transfer those funds to his account, which you can easily do; or he may choose to play furthermore, and he may then loose $280, and he will be left with $20 on the account. Then, he may choose to withdraw those funds, or he may gamble further until he looses all of the money.

Recieving of the funds is pretty easily done. All you have to do is to enter a checking account number, SSN, and your personal informations in order to open an account with online billing company, then you use their forms in your website, and the whole payment is done trough them, you don't have to worry about anything, especialy about keeping the credit card numbers on your server.
When the user want's to withdraw funds, you may choose to mail him a check, or you can decide to electronicaly transfer the funds (which is complicated, and requires very complicated procedure).