[ bogdan.kecman @ 21.11.2014. 11:11 ] @
mislim da je ovo najbolji tekst vezan za baze podataka koji sam procitao ove godine:

http://blog.memsql.com/cache-is-the-new-ram/
[ Zidar @ 24.11.2014. 14:45 ] @
Hvala za link :-)
Ovo sam hteo da napisem kao odgovor na clanak, ali nemam Facebook account, pa nije proslo :

Quote "What used to be a SQL query written by the business folks turned into hand-written reporting code maintained by the developers.
"
Did it really ever happen that business folks wrote SQL queries, more complex than SELECT * FROM single table WHERE simple condition ?

I have been around this business since mid 1980 and have not noticed much of that, non IT people writing queries. Until the day I was transferre from IT to a business analysis unit. Then I bacame a busines person writing SQL queries. Yeah, right, quite average business person. Having designed most of my company's databases still around, it was really a piece of cake to start writing queries against them.

By that time, relational theory and SQL have been kicked out of schools, and are now a sub-chapter in Java books. And now we see csv files, XML replacing relational datbases. An of course SQL is a weak implementation of relational theory, but it is the only game in town. Too bad NoSQL actually means non-relational, too.

O tempora, o mores.