[ Positions Abroad @ 18.12.2020. 13:29 ] @
Our client programs, maintains and operates leading European B2B platforms and provides the infrastructure for transactions and procurement processes between thousands of firms, bringing together supply and demand and to maintain customer relationships. The Germany-based group is represented by 13 national companies and over 600 employees throughout Europe.

(Senior) Java Software Engineer – eCommerce
Fulltime – Long Term Freelance – 100% Remote/Work Anywhere

Your Main Tasks will be:
• Work within an internationally distributed Scrum dev team, being responsible for all technical aspect of the software coded.
• Conceptualize and design complex systems, discuss different ideas with stakeholders and other engineers to achieve lasting results and implement new ideas.
• Deploy microservices, written primarily in Java, within and to be executed within the cloud.
• Test not only your own but also other team members‘ code, give proper feedback and use others‘ feedback to improve your own skill.

You should provide:
• Successfully completed IT-technical studies in connection with minimum 5+ years of practical experience in the field of Java-based backend development with agile methods.
• Provable working experience in the design, programming and implementation of highly scalable software solutions, written in Java, deployed and executed within the cloud (ideally Google or AWS).
• Broad proficiency within common Java-backend technologies (i.e. Spring, SpringBoot, Hibernate, Thymeleaf JSP and/or JSF), ideally with a set specialization indicated throughout your vita.
• Knowledge of REST APIs, microservice technologies (i.e. Docker or Kubernetes) and commonly used databases (i.e. My SQL or PostgreSQL).
• Familiarity with common design patterns and work methodology (i.e. Scrum, TDD, pair and/or mob programming).
• Strong communication and soft skills, allowing you to work independently, give and take proper criticism to improve and actively part take in Scrum meeting, virtually – ideally by already having worked within an internationally distributed team and/or for an international client.
• Professional English proficiency (B2/C1) in order to take part within an internationally distributed team.

You can expect:

• Long term employment on freelance basis, with a fixed remuneration of up to 4.000 EURO/month for a 40-hour work week with flexible working hours.
• An attractive benefit and social security package, with paid vacation and sick days, unparalleled by other freelance opportunities, along with individual benefits (i.e. invitations to international get togethers, code camps and trainings).
• Optional utilization of the Estonian e-Citizenship to allow for access to the European banking system and to conduct business.
• Ability to work from anywhere (ideally within CET+2), while being able to rely on established collaboration processes.

You may send us your CV on: [email protected]