[ Aleksandar Marković @ 03.05.2001. 19:09 ] @
|List of changes that Zone Labs stated:
- Firewall alert ratings to tell users immediately whether a blocked access attempt to their computer is high risk or normal risk
- Program alert ratings to tell users immediately what type of program is asking for Internet access enabling quick, confident decision making
- New program alert advice to give users information and advice for every program alert they receive
- Improved firewall alert advice to give users information and advice for every firewall alert they receive
- Introductory tutorial to greet new users with a brief, easy-to-understand tutorial with graphics and text to introduce them to the most important product features
- Improved Help system to enable users to find information faster and easier than ever
- Network auto-detection to allow users the ability to add trusted networks to their Local Zone with one click
- Important security updates address operating system vulnerabilities in Windows
- ICS and NAT support: allows you to set up ZoneAlarm Pro on a Gateway computer in order to control Internet security for client machines.
- Protocol and port security by program: allows you to restrict ports used by each program.
- Protocol and port security by zone: allows you to define specific ports and protocols through which internet connections are allowed. Each zone can have its own security definitions.
- Add programs to the programs list via drag-and-drop or a menu command.
- Password protection: allows you to set a password to keep unauthorized users from changing security rules you've set up in ZoneAlarm Pro.
- Alert filtering: allows you to control which types of connection attempts should trigger an alert; connection types include NetBIOS broadcasts and Non-SYN TCP packets.
- Alert log management: allows you to refresh your log on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, and to change the location of the log files on your computer.
- Program-level security by zone: implemented within the Programs List, this feature lets you define whether any program can connect to the internet or if permission should be requested.
- E-mail attachment protection: for file types you identify, ZoneAlarm Pro changes the e-mail attachment file type so that it won't launch unless you specifically allow it to.
- Restricted Zone: this new zone is an isolation tank area where you define Web sites and IP addresses that should have absolutely no inbound or outbound contact with your computer or LAN.