[ Slobodan Miskovic @ 09.12.2004. 15:43 ] @

http://scholar.google.com/

Citat:
About Google Scholar

Google Scholar enables you to search specifically for scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports from all broad areas of research. Use Google Scholar to find articles from a wide variety of academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories and universities, as well as scholarly articles available across the web.

Just as with Google Web Search, Google Scholar orders your search results by how relevant they are to your query, so the most useful references should appear at the top of the page. This relevance ranking takes into account the full text of each article as well as the article's author, the publication in which the article appeared and how often it has been cited in scholarly literature. Google Scholar also automatically analyzes and extracts citations and presents them as separate results, even if the documents they refer to are not online. This means your search results may include citations of older works and seminal articles that appear only in books or other offline publications.

Please let us know if you have suggestions, questions or comments about Google Scholar. We recognize the debt we owe to all those in academia whose work has made Google itself a reality and we hope to make Google Scholar as useful to this community as possible. We believe everyone should have a chance to stand on the shoulders of giants.
Frequently Asked Questions

Searching and indexing

1. How do I find my own articles?

Just typing your name in the search box often works. If you've authored a number of articles and want to narrow your results, use an "author:" prefix. For example, author:mccarthy. To find your articles on a given topic, add relevant keywords to the search. E.g., author:mccarthy artificial intelligence.

2. How do I find a specific article?

Start with the last name of the article's first author, then add several title words as a phrase in quotes. For example, author:witten "string theory dynamics".

3. What are some of the results marked [citation] and why can't I click on them?

These are articles that we have seen references to in other scholarly articles, but we haven't found the actual document online. A large fraction of scholarly literature is still offline, and until these papers are available online, citation-only results help researchers find as much relevant information as possible.

4. Do you include books?

Indeed we do. You'll receive a book result when a document that we've scanned references a book. You can use Library Search to locate a library near you that has the book, or Web Search to find online stores where you can buy it.

5. I'm an author. Why would I want my articles in Google Scholar?

Your work likely has great value to a number of people who may not know it exists. By including your articles in Google Scholar, others will be more likely to find them, learn from them, cite them and build on the foundation you have laid.

6. I'm an author and my articles don't appear in Google Scholar. How do I remedy that?

We're always working to include new sources, and it's likely that you'll see additions to our index soon. Check if other articles from the same journal, conference or repository can be found using Google Scholar. If not, please ask the publisher or the scholarly society to contact us so we can include their content.

7. The description of my article is wrong and I am appropriately outraged. How do I have it corrected?

We apologize and assure you the error was not an intentional one. Please tell us the details so we can make a correction. It helps if you include a query that brings up your article and provide us with the correct description that should appear. Automated extraction of information from articles in diverse fields can be tricky. Please note that it may take a little while for us to fix the mistake as there is much to do to make Google Scholar work better for all of us. We appreciate your help and your patience.

8. I'm a publisher of scholarly works and would like to have my content included in Google Scholar.

Your content would be a most welcome addition. If your content is online, it may be simply a matter of allowing our crawlers to access it. It is necessary that you show (at least) abstracts to non-subscribers who come from Google. Please email us to discuss the details.

9. I represent a professional society. Can you index our research articles?

Yes, as long as our robot software is able to crawl them online. If you don't host the content yourself, you'll need to ask your hosting provider to allow access to our crawlers. You may find we're already working with them to make content available, but it helps if you make it known you'd like this to happen. Please email us for more details.

10. Can you index my school's dissertations? Technical reports?

Yes, as long as our robot software is able to crawl them online. Please ask the administrator of your school or department to contact us.

11. I'm a scholarly publisher and would like to make sure my content is indexed properly. What can I do?

Please contact us so we can determine the best way of working together. Not all publisher web sites and articles are suitably configured for indexing by our web crawling software. We're more than happy to share our experience and help resolve issues that may arise.

12. What do I do if I believe you're linking to a webpage that infringes my copyright?

It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. For directions and more information, please click here.

Accessing and citing

1. What version of an article will I be able to read?

It depends on the source of the version you select and your relationship with its owner. You should be able to see the full text of articles from open access journals and preprint repositories, as well as preprints on the web. For others, you should be able to get access to the full text if you or an institution you belong to has a subscription for the content. Regardless of the source, you should be able to see an abstract for any article, with the exception of those that are offline and referenced in citations only. Please let us know if you don't see even an abstract.

2. My university subscribes to the Journal of Prosimian Dialectical Reasoning. How do I read the full text of their articles?

Please check with your university library. You may need to do searches from a campus computer or use a library proxy.

3. Why do I get an HTML abstract when I click on a result labeled [PDF]?

You may need to be a subscriber or to access the article from a specific location (e.g., a university library) to read the full text on the publisher's site. You may see information on the abstract page about purchasing the content (or a link to such information). Google does not receive compensation if you decide to buy a subscription to a journal or access to a particular article.

4. Is there any way I can read the full text without being a subscriber?

Check a nearby academic library, which will likely have a copy. For books, click on "Library Search" next to the title to find a library near you that has a copy of the work in question (this service is provided courtesy of OCLC).

5. What I meant was, "can't I read the full text online without subscription"?

Well, maybe. Preprints, early drafts, and other versions of the article may be available online without a subscription. We often provide links to several versions, but beware: preprints may undergo significant revision before publication and you may be referring to a document that has been substantially modified.

6. But I need the article now and the library is closed for Founder's Day.

Some publishers allow you to purchase individual articles. Many of them include a link to do so alongside the abstract.

7. How do I cite articles I find in Google Scholar?

Cite them the same way you would normally cite a scholarly article. List the authors, the title, the journal, the volume, etc. Different journals require different citation styles.

8. Why not simply cite the URL that I get from Google Scholar?

Scholarly articles usually outlive the URLs they cite. In fact, these URLs may well disappear by the time the article is published, leaving your citation a broken link to nothingness.

9. I want to put up a link to an article. Which URL should I link to?

Please try to choose a URL that is likely to be valid for a long time to come. For example, a Digital Object Identifier link on dx.doi.org. DOIs are permanent names for articles and are managed by CrossRef.

[Ovu poruku je menjao STELLANOVA dana 30.12.2004. u 09:41 GMT+1]
[ Aleksandar Marković @ 09.12.2004. 17:15 ] @

http://www.elitesecurity.org/tema/78777
[ petar011 @ 26.03.2007. 17:50 ] @
meni treba pomoc za izradu seminarskog rada moze te li biti malo konkretniji na tu temu!
naravno kontaktirajte me na [email protected]
[ japranin @ 04.09.2008. 11:20 ] @
Treba mi pomoc za izradu seminarskog rada na temu "Elektronski marketing" ,naime toliko tog je puno i ne znam odakle poceti i kako to sve da svedem u 15 strana.Molim sve koji nesto imaju ili znaju da mi pomognu.Unapred zahvalna...
[ Aleksandar.93 @ 24.04.2009. 11:59 ] @
Ja pisem seminarski, imam veliki problem sto ne znam kako treba da mi izgleda 1 strana, i literatura?!
Jel moze neko da mi pomogne?